Features / Benefits
- End to End Splice
- Long Barrel & Double Crimp for Pullout Resistance
- Super-Heavy Duty Wall Thickness improves Pullout/Corrosion Resistance
- Gauges 8Ga. to 1000MCM
- Solid Center Barrier to eliminate flow between chambers
- Chamfered Barrel Entry offers Ease of Wire Insertion
- Concentric Barrel for Easy Wire Insertion
- Annealed Aluminum Barrel Strengthens Pullout Resistance
- Color-Code with your Logo!
- " Extended barrels, short barrels, hundreds of options, JUST ASK!
Description:ASK Power's Aluminum Full Tension Splices incorporate chamfered entry and long crimp barrels. These cable splices are formed from high-purity annealed aluminum with heavy duty walls to provide excellent ductility, conductivity, and secureness. Cable splices accommodate wire sizes 8 Gauge through -1000 MCM. Crimp barrels are sized to closely match commercial power cable strand diameters. These non-insulated cable splices are suitable for crimped or soldered wire connection and bolted termination. Wire gauge and UL mark appear clearly on wire barrel.
Recommended Uses:These cable splices are used for power transmission and/or direct burial in telecom, electrical, and transformer applications. Chamfering eases insertion of more highly-stranded battery cable into funnel-entry crimp barrels.
Tooling and Application: Cable splices can be applied to cable via hand-actuated or hydraulic crimp tools. Our Long Barrel Compression Splices are UL Listed (UL 486 A) and work with the Thomas and Betts M15 tool or the Burndy hydraulic tool. The double crimp provides superior pullout resistance. Color-coding facilitates field installation management, matching cable, lug, and crimper color codes per industry-accepted standards.