Features / Benefits of Our Butt Splice
- End to End Splice
- Standard and Long Barrel & Double Crimp for Pullout Resistance
- Super-Heavy Duty Wall Thickness improves Pullout/Corrosion Resistance
- Gauges 8Ga. to 4/0
- Wire Stop Indent for easy Wire Butt Splice Arrangement
- Chamfered Barrel Entry offers Ease of Wire Insertion
- Concentric Barrel for Easy Wire Insertion
- Annealed Copper Barrel Strengthens Pullout Resistance
- Tin Plating Resists Corrosion
- Color-Code with your Logo!
- Barrel Length: Long
- Barrel Style: Chamfer
- finish: tinned
- Number of Crimps: 2&2
Butt Splice Product Options
- Extended barrels, short barrels, extended tangs, special studhole patterns, hundreds of options, JUST ASK!
Description: ASK Power’s Long Barrel Compression Butt Splices incorporate chamfered entry and long crimp barrels. These cable splices are formed from high-purity annealed copper with heavy duty walls and tinned with Military Spec. plating to provide excellent ductility, conductivity, secureness, and tang strength. Cable splices accommodate wire sizes 8 Gauge through 4/0 AWG and from 250-1000 MCM. Crimp barrels are sized to closely match commercial battery and power cable strand diameters. These non-insulated cable splices are suitable for crimped or soldered wire connection and bolted termination. Wire gauge and UL mark appear clearly on wire barrel.
Recommended Uses: These cable butt splices are used for power transmission and/or grounding in telcom, electrical, and transformer applications. Chamfering eases insertion of more highly-stranded battery cable into funnel-entry crimp barrels.
Tooling and Application: Cable splices can be applied to cable via hand-actuated or hydraulic crimp tools. Our Long Barrel Compression Splices are UL Listed (UL 486 A) and work with the Thomas and Betts or Burndy tool. These same cable splices can be connected by solder-dipping. The double crimp provides superior pullout resistance. Color-coding facilitates field installation management, matching cable, lug, and crimper color codes per industry-accepted standards.
For Paralell Cable Butt Splice...JUST ASK!