Features / Benefits
- Narrow Tang for tight clearance applications
- Super-Heavy Duty Wall Thickness improves Pullout Resistance/Corrosion Resistance
- Extended Barrel: Double Crimp for Added Pullout Resistance
- Chamfered Barrel Entry Eases Wire Insertion
- Annealed Copper Barrel provides Strong Pullout Resistance
- Work-hardened Tang increases Tear Resistance
- Square Tang Secures Fit in Terminal Block
- Square Transition allows Full Cable Insertion
- Complete Range of Studholes
- Tin Plating improves Corrosion Resistance
- UL/CUL Listing Assures Safety and Effectiveness
- Color-Coding with your Logo Available
- Barrel Configuration: Standard / Long
- Barrel Style: Chamfer
- Finish: Tinned
- Number of Crimps: 2
- Tang Thickness "F", +/- .010: 0.900
- "NT" suffix connotes Narrow Tang lug.
- All parts have sight hole/inspection port as standard feature. For no sight hole, add "XSH" at end of part number.
- All parts listed here are straight tangs. 45 and 90 Degree bends are available. Add "45" or "90" at end of part number (after "XSH")
- All parts listed here are standard tang width (normal tube flattening geometry). For Narrow Tang ("NT") contact us.
- Extended barrels, short barrels, extended tangs, special studhole patterns, hundreds of options, JUST ASK!
Description: ASK Power's Compression Lugs with Double Hole Connectors and Long Barrels incorporate squared tangs, chamfered entry, and steep-sloping transitions for use with tight clearance requirements. These crimp or solder lugs feature tinned Military Spec. Plating formed from high-purity annealed copper with heavy duty walls and provide excellent ductility, conductivity, security, and tang strength. Lugs accommodate wire sizes 8 Gauge through 4/0 AWG and from 250-1000 MCM. Crimp barrels are sized to closely match commercial battery and power cable strand diameters. Lugs are non-insulated and used for crimped or soldered wire connection and bolted termination. Wire gauge and UL mark appear clearly on wire barrel. Double studholes provide superior fixturing to lock cable and lug parallel with other grounding or power terminations.
Recommended Uses: These cable lugs are used for power transmission and/or grounding in telcom, electrical, and transformer applications where interface components require the tang width to be at or near the cable barrel diameter. Square tang compression lugs fix the cable connection firmly in terminal blocks or on grounding busbar slots for neat cable organization. Chamfered barrels allow easy insertion of more highly-stranded battery into funnel-entry crimp barrels.
Tooling and Application: Crimp lugs can be applied to cable via hand-actuated or hydraulic crimp tools. Our Heavy Duty Copper Lugs are UL Listed (UL 486 A) for use with the Thomas and Betts M5 tool or the Burndy tool. These same lugs can be connected by solder-dipping. The double crimp provides superior pullout resistance. Color-coding provides field installation assistance in matching cable, lug, and crimper per industry-accepted standards.